Position – Data Scientist/Analyst
Location – Silver Spring, MD
As a part of a data analytics and support services team, the data scientist will support efforts providing data science, architect, and data analytics support that includes analyzing, verifying, designing, refining, modernizing, and maintaining the data model and component views within various client systems. The contractor team reviews and conducts analysis of the current data models and data logic utilized in the vision registry to identify any gaps that may exist. The team shall perform a gap analysis that includes a comprehensive and concise mitigation plan to address any gaps found within the data model. The team shall use industry standard methodologies to ensure that the data model, data logic, and the established business rules are accurately presented in the reporting capabilities of the systems. The team is responsible for analyzing and providing recommendations for utilizing big data sets by structuring and analyzing the data in a way that will allow client end users to prepare reports for population health perspective
- Support the development and implementation of data marts, data structures, functions, data warehouse fact & dimension tables, views, and indexes
- Demonstrated ability to interact with Functional Analysts, Project Managers, ETL developers, and end users regarding data needs
- Support writing complex SQL queries and SQL performance tuning
- Experience working with SOAP and RESTful Web service
- Working knowledge of industry W3C and standards, such as RDF, RDFs, OWL, XML
- Utilize advanced business intelligence skills. Proficiency and application experience in data architecture, data visualization, and reporting
- Strong understanding of data structures and modeling
- Experience modeling reporting marts/layers for multiple BI Tools
- Conduct data model reviews with project team members.
- Capture technical metadata through data modeling tools
- Gather analyst requirements, create, organize, and use data stores, create and use indexes, create and use data documents, and optimize the ability to query and retrieve required data
- Support the review and provide input on Business Rules Document(s)
- Document all scripts used for extracting/processing data
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields (strong mathematical/statistics background with ability to understand algorithms and methods from a mathematical viewpoint and an intuitive viewpoint)
- 3+ years of practical experience minimum
- Must have an active government security clearance
- Federal/Military programming or project exposure
- Understanding and experience in a broad range of database competencies
- Experience assessing impacts of legacy systems and addressing data related problems of system integration and compatibility
- Experience defining an overall data architecture as it relates to task goals during the analysis, design, planning phases and implementation of each project
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience within the domain of population health that shows a proven capacity to perform analysis of large data sets that support decision making
- Experience in providing data driven decision making to establish policies and programs that affect changes in health factors and health determinants within a population that in turn produces health outcomes
- Must be US Citizen
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
Position requires a Secret clearance
Headquartered in Hawaii, KaiHonua, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple – “Quality IT Solutions… On Time & On Budget.”
KaiHonua LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.