Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Specialist Sales Organization (WWSO)! AWS is one of Amazon’s largest and fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries. We are reshaping the way organizations use information technology and we are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the information technology industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
As a Data Scientist, you will be expected to work directly with senior management within the WWSO on key business problems. Scientists at Amazon use statistical and Machine Learning models to address complex problems, design and test hypothesis, and contribute to the design of automated systems. We are looking for a results-driven scientist to join our team in Seattle. The right candidate will work closely with other data scientists, data engineers, and business analysts.
The key objectives for this role include:
· Building statistical and ML models to evaluate the productivity of WWSO, and the effectiveness of its sales activities, among other questions.
· Conducting all phases of research projects, including defining research questions, working with multiple data sources, building and evaluating competing models, and interpreting and communicating the results.
· Providing data-driven and business-relevant recommendations based on your findings.
· Masters Degree in the Social Sciences, Applied Math, Statistics or related field
· 5+ years of related work experience
· Expertise in statistical software packages such as R or Python
· Ability to distill customer requirements into problem definitions
· Advanced knowledge of SQL
· Ability to manage competing priorities in an ambiguous environment
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (660)
SlackSr. Data Scientist, Business Analytics – Data Science on21 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Data Scientist – Experimentation, Siri Data on29 April 2021Any