The Data Scientist will work in the Customer Analytics and database group to develop innovative customer analytics, customer story strategy, and contact optimization tools. The Data Scientist will create practical methods to forecast demand, understand customer preferences, simulate business outcomes, and optimize the marketing investment. The Data Scientist will work closely with cross functional groups to enhance analytical capabilities and develop persuasive interactive visualizations.
• Answer complex business questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data or designing and running experiments to gather data
• Rapidly develop novel applications of classification, forecasting, simulation, optimization, and summarization techniques
• Work closely with cross functional teams to encourage statistical best practices with respect to experimental design and data analysis
• Create compelling interactive visualizations and presentations to enhance decision making capabilities throughout the company
• M.S. or Ph.D. in relevant technical field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Economics
• Expert knowledge of an analytical tool such as SPARK, R, Python
• Experience with relational databases and SQL
• Experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools such as Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Hive, etc.
• Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or Spotfire
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analyses in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Strong passion for answering complex business questions using structured problem solving and rigorous data analysis
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
More jobs from our partners (660)
SlackSr. Data Scientist, Business Analytics – Data Science on21 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Data Scientist – Experimentation, Siri Data on29 April 2021Any