AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
The Data Solutions Department within the Information Research (IR) Division works with internal clients to provide data management and decision support tools to optimize the efficiency and efficacy of research and development at AbbVie.
The Data Scientist II is a critical role for AbbVie within the Data Solutions department. This position independently identifies, develops and optimizes new business technology solutions to address critical business needs within the discovery and development science organizations through integration, visualization and analysis of large and complex data sets. Key responsibilities include interfacing with scientists to understand their workflows and needs to independently design and develop technology solutions to answer scientific or business-related needs. Also, developing solutions, either independently, or by working with a developer, to provide data solutions that are agile, impactful and cost-effective for the business.
- Communicate – willingness to communicate with scientific individuals from Development Sciences, Discovery and Clinical to understand existing workflows/problems
- Collaborative Design -understand the client’s needs, propose solutions and work independently, or with a team of developers, to seek appropriate solutions
- Build – through your own efforts and by working with developers, create custom solutions/processes that contribute to and help foster the growing AbbVie data integration environment
- Support – provide solutions to performance related issues and work with downstream systems to support data driven demands
- Adaptability – given our diverse mission you should be able to move fluidly between different project responsibilities
- Breadth – as a talented and motivated Data Scientist, you can contribute independently to a wide variety of missions related to enhancing drug discovery and development
- BS and typically 7 years of experience
- MS and typically 5 years of experience.
- Background in life sciences and work experience in the pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of the drug development process is required.
- Experience with Drug Product Development, Formulation, Analytical Methods, Manufacturing. Process Development, Pilot Plant and Chemistry Manufacturing & Controls preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Dedicated team player who can interface with stakeholders from a variety of internal IT disciplines (DBAs, architects, software developers, etc.) and external customers (biologists, chemists, manufacturing, operations, etc.).
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Python, R, Sql or other similar data science languages strongly desired
- Experience in Django and Flask web frameworks a plus
- Strong familiarity with data visualization and pipelining tools such as Spotfire/Qlik and Pipeline Pilot/KNIME or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task and work within timelines
- A self-motivated learner and thinker with a hands-on approach
- An analytical mind with outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
**Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled**
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
More jobs from our partners (628)
AppleData Scientist, Payments Data Science, WPC Analytics – SCV on19 January 2021Any