Company Type: Privately Held
Riot’s Data developers build tools to understand and delight our worldwide players using petabytes of data and state-of-the-art data processing technology. Handling the potential these data offer is a tremendous and complex task. As we continue delivering and scaling content to passionate gamers, our discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on crafting, building, and maintaining data products that support our growth. Whether you are a Data Scientist modeling game systems, a Data Engineer bringing scale and efficiency to systems, or a Data Architect organizing data in ways that make data products more player-focused and dependable, we need you to help push forward our “Player Experience First” goals.
Riot Data Scientists combine their wide technical expertise across data processing, automation, machine learning (“ML”), artificial intelligence (“AI”), and experimental design to inform decisions and develop data-powered products.
As a Data Scientist on the League Data Central team, you will work on a team that collaborates on multi-functional projects that range from in-game features to content design to infrastructure. In a world of high-volume and complexity, you will develop products that bring personalization, optimization, and scale to players.This role would report directly into the Data Science Manager for League of Legends.
- Design and implement data science systems (ML, AI, optimization, and statistics)
- Collaborate with data engineers to design deployments and pipelines
- Participate in peer review, paper reading, and tech prototyping
- Identify new product opportunities and collaboratively develop them with partners
- Represent data products to non-technical partners and collaborators
- An MS or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, or related field
- 2+ years data science industry experience
- 1+ years productionalizing code into live systems
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Hands-on experience with petabyte-processing-capable technologies such as Spark or Hadoop
- Familiarity with iterative development methodologies like Scrum, Agile, etc.
- Familiarity with git
- Experience collaborating with a product team to provide data solutions
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).