SAIC’s Identity and Data Sciences Laboratory (IDSL) is seeking a rock-star data scientist with a strong background in rigorous data analysis using modern tools in a research setting. The IDSL works with state of the art technologies including facial recognition and AI and measures their performance and applicability to new customer use cases. The IDSL has a cutting-edge infrastructure for gathering and processing multi-modal data in real-time from large-scale experiments from our test facility (Maryland Test Facility; ) as well as from external data sources using both on-premises and cloud hosted systems. Our scientists regularly publish technical papers, enjoy great work-life balance, and an environment that promotes learning and exploration.
The data scientist will:
- Develop analytic pipelines and algorithms using on-premises and cloud-hosted computing resources.
- Contribute to design of experiments, hypothesis testing, and building models.
- Exercise strong analytical judgement in framing the problem and selecting the right tools, while avoiding unnecessary complexity.
- Identify and implement the best data analysis methods and tools for each analytic task.
- Develop publication quality data visualizations and data dashboards.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing short and long-term tasks.
- Collaborate with other scientists and domain experts on the team.
- Contribute to writing customer reports and technical whitepapers.
- BS degree and 9 years of experience (4 years experience in lieu of degree)
- Strong experience in SQL, R, Python, and using statistical methods to analyze experimental data.
- Strong experience in data visualization.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-direction, with desire both to learn new techniques and teach others.
- Familiarity with machine learning and biometric systems like face, fingerprint, or iris recognition.
- Experience with efficient analysis of large datasets in a cloud environment using tools like RedShift or BigQuery.
- Experience working collaboratively with software and data engineers.
- Experience with visualization tools such as ggplot2, R Shiny, or Tableau.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git/GitHub.
- Familiarity with LaTeX and publishing analytical reports to academic journals.
- Experience working in a research environment.
This position is based in Upper Marlboro, MD. Up to 10% travel is expected within the continental US.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityView More
More jobs from our partners (725)
SlackSr. Data Scientist, Business Analytics – Data Science on21 April 2021Any