As a senior data scientist within the exciting, new claims advanced analytics capability, you will be building end to end data science solutions to solve some of the organization’s toughest problems and deliver significant business value. This is a really exciting time to join as you will leverage our new cloud based data lake, design our advanced machine learning and AI models, and mentor and shape our talented data scientists
1. Work closely with all areas of Claims to understands business problems and pro-actively identify opportunities where data science techniques can be utilized to enhance decisions and provide real business benefit
2. Design, build and implement end to end advanced analytics solution ensuring buy in and effectiveness for end users
3. Leads development of complex models and algorithms that drive innovation throughout the organization.
4. Conduct / supervise advanced statistical analysis to provide actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
5. Mentor and help develop fellow Data Scientists
6. Be the key point of contact for data science projects and lead projects through to delivery, including meetings with stakeholders.
7. Provides thought leadership by researching best practices, conducting experiments, and collaborating with industry leaders and strong links with academic world.
Ensure Claims Analytics are a key member of the data science community both in UK and Globally, with a focus on identifying best practice, re-use and collaboration opportunities across the business and optimising use of data science
1. Identification of user cases that can add real business benefit
2. Tracking for delivered user cases and feedback from operation/claims about success of outcome
3. Become the point of contact for Data Science solutions in claims
4. Provides comprehensive and robust insight into claims initiatives within claims through clear, valid, value-adding analysis and recommendations
5. Continuous development, growth and effectiveness of the claim’s analytics team.
6. Recognised by claims organisation as expert in claims data science
7. Identification and knowledge sharing of cutting-edge techniques. Attending conferences and meetings with external thought leaders
Active member of community and known in the organisation as expert in claims data science
* Bachelor, MS/PhD(preferable) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline
* 5-7 years’ experience in a statistical and/or data science role
* Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics and/or optimization
* Deep experience with Python
* Experience of delivering end to end data science solutions to achieve business benefit
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong desire to work in cross functional teams
* Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
* Experience working with large data sets from multiple sources, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Arena, etc.)
* Experience in software engineering
Passionate about data science and mentoring more junior members of the team