Signal Processing Scientist / Engineer – Malvern
£40000 – £50000, Up to 10% Bonus, 23 days holiday, Pension Scheme
Key Skills: DSP, C, C++, Matlab, Python, Experiments, Modelling, Algorithm Dev., Data Analysis
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright and dynamic Signal Processing Scientist / Engineer to join a successful team, working on the research, development and manufacture of high performance magnetic screening equipment used in the medical and security markets.
What you will be doing:
Providing Signal Processing knowledge and expertise in product and technology development.
* Development and prototyping of signal processing algorithms and systems.
* Planning and execution of experiments.
* Analysis of data collection results and detection performance.
* Modelling magnetic sensor and metal detection systems.
You should have a good mix of the following skills, experience and personal attributes.
* A Degree in Physics, Mathematics or a closely aligned discipline (PhD advantageous)
* Experience developing / prototyping digital signal processing algorithms
* Experimental design experience in an academic or industrial environment
* Proficiency in Matlab, Python and C/C++
Areas of Exposure:
Digital filter design, digital demodulation, spectral analysis, linear / non-linear inversion, adaptive error estimation/correction, non-linear optimisation / model fitting, data fusion, Kalman filters, pattern recognition, AI / Machine learning, magnetics and metal detection