If you are an, experienced Software Development Director with a creative edge, problem-solving skills, a software development foundation and desire and to be part of Audible’s next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to deliver software that benefits many customers around the world.
The position requires a seasoned Director with experience architecting, developing and supporting distributed & scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications and services with hands-on coding experience in modern object-oriented language. The ideal candidate should exhibit leadership qualities including excellent judgment and high standards. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drive innovation in the teams, invoke passion in others, think big, and deliver results.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Your team is Data Science Engineering. This team’s mission is to enable Audible to unlock the power of Big Data and Data Science and to run advanced statistical analyses and models. Projects include:
· Testing, Consuming and Hosting Machine Learning models.
· Data Ingestion pipelines.
· Building Full stack solutions.
· Partnering with teams across Audible for building ML based solutions.
· Owning and leading full life cycle delivery of cross functional projects spanning teams across Audible.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
· Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
· Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality in a fast agile environment.
· Lead 1-2 Scrum teams.
· Experience leading full stack development web teams.
· 5+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
· 3+ years experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams.
· Demonstrated expertise in a variety of web and SOA distributed technologies and platforms such as Java/J2EE.
· Demonstrated experience implementing solutions leveraging AWS capabilities.
· Past experience leveraging machine learning models to deliver insights and enrich customer experiences is highly preferred.
· Action-oriented strategic thinker.
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment – where change is the only constant.
· Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment.
· Track record of defining and delivering cross functional solutions that are innovative and extensible.
· Be able to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Highly autonomous. Delivers with little guidance
· Familiarity with ML engineering and concepts.
· Ability to deep dive into the technology to help drive designs and implementation
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we’ve redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.View More
More jobs from our partners (976)
AppleData Pipelines Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics on29 September 2020Any
AppleSr Machine Learning Research Scientist – Recommendations, Apple Media Products on29 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Scientist, Siri Understanding on29 September 2020Any