Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Danaher Digital is our digital innovation, incubation and acceleration center where we’re bringing together the leading strategic product and business leaders, technologists and data scientists for the common purpose of accelerating development and commercialization of disruptive and transformative digital solutions into the marketplace.
We accelerate Danaher’s digital innovation journey by partnering with Danaher operating companies to develop and commercialize emerging and disruptive digital technologies such as AI, Machine Learning (ML), Big Data, IoT, Augmented Reality (AR), Cloud (SaaS/PaaS) and other Digital frontiers. If you are driven to forge new disruptive and transformative digital apps, platforms and services by working with such cool and emerging technologies, you belong in Danaher Digital.
As a member of Danaher Digital, you will help identify new product ideas and operating models, and then design, develop and deliver them. Working together with our operating companies, you will also help foster and support an entrepreneurial culture that will push Danaher to launch new software and data products better, and faster.
True to Danaher’s shared purpose of “Helping Realize Life’s potential”, we work alongside industry’s leading companies in large, diverse and growing markets segments – from life sciences to medical diagnostics to environmental sciences and industrials. If you are inspired by and motivated to create true impact on lives and industries, at a scale and breadth that Danaher is uniquely positioned for, then you belong in Danaher Digital.
If you thrive in startup-like environments where you can envision, architect and rapidly build hi-tech solutions that are ground-breaking in the diverse markets Danaher is uniquely positioned to lead, then Danaher Digital is where you want to be.
Are you a visionary thought leader in Data Science (AI, Machine Learning (ML) Deep Learning(DL)) ? Do you have a strong track record of applying Data Science(AI/ML/DL) with emerging technologies to solve toughest problems in technology led businesses and create real-life impact? This position is for you. In this position as a Director of Data Science, you will provide thought leadership, strategic guidance and hands-on expertise in leveraging Data Science to shape new products and services for Danaher’s global businesses. This role is highly visible and influential within the company, setting the AI/ML/DL roadmap and strategy and evangelizing the vision internally and externally. You will bring your well-honed skills in building and nurturing world class Data Science teams. You will bring your entrepreneurial thinking to explore and deliver on new Data Science solutions for Danaher’s businesses that range from Industrial to Life Sciences to Medical Diagnostics. As a collaborative leader, you will have strategic impact at an executive level. You will work with business and technical stakeholders across Danaher to inform and shape Danaher’s AI enabled future.
You will also have established track record in introducing large scale ML/AI solutions in customer facing products and services. With your strong followership and presence in AI/ML/DL community and AI related industry organizations you bring a strong experience in building and leading large and small Data Science teams from scratch.
- This leader will work closely with Danaher’s leaders, both from business and technical sides, to drive the vision, roadmap, adoption and delivery of Data Science at scale to solve Danaher’s business problems.
- This leader will bring new and richly diverse perspective drawn from your experience in applying Data Science and solving a variety of business problems in multiple market segments.
- He/She will work along-side technical and business leaders, subject matter experts (SME) and stakeholders to understand business objectives, map workflows and craft solutions for complex business problems through the lens of Data science.
- He/She will develop appropriate frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that data science insights are woven into business decisions.
- He/She will be ready and inclined to work hands-on throughout the life cycle of AI/ML/DL ideation, design, training/development, production and model governance.
- He/She will interface cross-functionally with internal key team members across Danaher including Product management, marketing, service, support etc. and facilitate discussions on roadmap, solution design and plans for market delivery.
- He/She will serve as the lead go-to person for the Data Science team in development and adoption of advanced modeling techniques, tools and architectures.
- He/She will take initiative and stay up to date with the latest Data Science market trends, techniques, best practices and drive decisions in incorporating suitable practices in Danaher Digital.
- He/She will lead the competency development of Data Science team, determining best practices and establishing standard work to consistently deliver on Data Science enabled products and solutions.
- This leader will have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal in articulating complicated topics to business and technical audience.
- Technical publications and ties to academic communities are a plus.
More specifically, it is anticipated that the ideal candidate will possess the following experiences and skills:
Leading Teams and Executing for Results
- Strong track record of leading innovation and delivering value and business impact through leverage of Data assets and analytics; Entrepreneurial track record is a plus.
- Proven ability to influence across organization and create alignment across multiple groups.
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Must have prior record of accomplishment of working in a globally distributed team in different time zones with excellent communication skills
- Track record in dealing with ambiguity and establishing clarity in purpose and goal.
- Clear written and verbal communications skills; Attention to detail, self-motivated, creative and flexible; Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Travel on average about 40 – 50%.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, or similar disciplines
- 10+ years of working experience in Data Science, with high level of proficiency in scalable Data Science applied to image/voice/video, including model building, data cleansing, visualization, Machine learning and Deep learning algorithms.
- 5+ years of experience building and growing a high-performing effective team of data scientist, machine/computer vision experts and ML experts.
- 10+ years of experience in statistical programming languages such as R, Python, and SQL.
- 7+ years of experience in delivering data science components as part of a commercial solution at scale.
- 7+ years of experience in probability, statistics and machine learning theory including experience in: Clustering, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Dimensionality Reduction, Random Forests, and Neural Networks for classification, detection, prediction and recommendations.
- 7+ years of experience in Machine Learning/AI application in Life Sciences or Medical Diagnostics(machine vision and computer vision) is a strong plus.
- Experience in at least one (preferably more) of the following specific areas of machine learning.
- 5+ years building production-ready image or video analysis models using Deep Learning techniques such as CNN and RNN.
- 3+ years leveraging tools such as TensorFlow or Theano.
- 7+ years building operations analytics models, including demand forecasting, inventory optimization in manufacturing or related industries.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity….. click apply for full job detailsView More