Company Type: Privately Held
Nauto is an AI technology company that’s improving the safety of commercial fleets today and the autonomous fleets of tomorrow. Nauto’s intelligent driver safety system assesses how drivers interact with the vehicle and the road ahead to reduce distracted driving and prevent collisions. With this knowledge, Nauto is powering the development of self-driving technology that brings the best of human driving to autonomy. Are you ready to help with this mission?
We’re aiming for greater safety and knowledge: Our approach to re-thinking road safety is two-fold: deepen our understanding of real-world drivers to learn how they interact with the vehicle and road, with the goal of reducing distracted driving and preventing collisions before they occur. Second, apply these insights to the development of safe, effective autonomous vehicles that fit into existing traffic patterns and human driving behavior.
We’re taking a driver-centric approach: We surface the safety insights that matter most, while protecting the privacy of drivers. By using artificial intelligence on the device, we’re able to detect distractions and immediately warn drivers in real-time. Only a fraction of driving time—such as distractions or other high-risk events—is uploaded to the cloud, where it’s automatically visible to fleet managers via a secure web application so they can then better coach drivers.
Investors in Nauto’s $159M series B-round included Softbank, Greylock, Playground Global, Draper Nexus as well as leading strategics including BMW, GM, Toyota, and Allianz Insurance.
- Create a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for Nauto’s AI capabilities and tools
- Work closely with computer vision, data science and engineering teams in creating differentiated AI capabilities for commercial fleets, insurance and automotive customers.
- Lead training and test data collection strategy and set KPIs for the Data science team
- Shape the direction of Nauto’s core products by applying cutting-edge AI innovations to improving driving behavior
- Accelerate time to impact on new technologies through experimentation, prototyping, and strong execution.
- Have a clear pulse on innovations across the broader AI community and help us identify new opportunities.
Experiences & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in applied math, sciences or engineering and MBA or graduate degree in a management or technical field (preferred but not required).
- 8+ years of experience in a product management at a tech company; Experience in or working with an automotive company is a plus.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills; Excellent communication skills.
- Experience successfully multi-tasking, dealing with ambiguity, paying attention to detail while quickly driving towards insights and actions.
- Experience developing products that utilize computer vision and deep learning and experience developing data products.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and partner contacts and influence cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record of both delivering great products and delivering on continuous product improvement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Beautiful modern work space. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided
- Exceptional health benefits coverage.
- Opportunities to get to know your team better through frequent employee events and gatherings
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering to Support & Operations
Nauto is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Come revolutionize transportation safety and do your best work here at Nauto!