Company Type: Public Company
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
The Structured Data team at Uber AI develops platforms that mine vast datasets for insights to inform human and machine decision-making across Uber’s business. We build software that sifts through data to show operators and decision-makers where they need to look and why. Our work lies at the intersection of information theory, data mining, deep learning, and probabilistic modeling.
What You’ll Do
- Create tools and services that help users visualize and explore insights that emerge from mining the massive ML and data pipelines powering Uber’s business
- Work closely with research scientists, data scientists, and engineers to unlock entirely new classes of insights through custom visualization
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 4 years of experience.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field required
- Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they interface with Cassandra, Redis, Kafka, Hadoop, or similar.
- Experience with object-oriented programming (Java, C++, Go), bonus points for functional programming experience (Scala or others)
- Proficient in system architecture design and comfortable mentoring others
About The Team
At Uber AI Labs you will work with research scientists to create the next generation of artificial intelligence algorithms to help Uber improve the lives of millions of people worldwide. You will collaborate and exchange ideas with our current team, which includes world-renowned scientists from many different AI disciplines, including but not limited to Bayesian methods, deep learning, evolutionary computation, and probabilistic programming. You will work on cutting edge research that pushes the state of the art and have an opportunity to test your findings on complex real-world problems. We value original, high-impact ideas and rigorous experimental validation.