This is a rare opportunity to apply your leadership and analytical expertise to a subject you love: Music! Amazon Music is seeking a Global Head of Data Science & Analytics to lead a talented data science and BI team to deliver transformational customer insights that drive marketing, content and product strategy for our Amazon Music streaming service. Since its launch in 2014, Amazon Music has seen explosive user growth driven by integration with the highly successful Amazon Prime subscription program and Alexa voice-enabled devices. As the Global Head of Data Science & Analytics at Amazon Music, you will have the opportunity to work with a huge and rapidly growing data set generated by mobile, desktop and home music streaming application usage interactions and music consumption behaviors, with a charter to uncover insights that produce step-function growth in the Amazon Music subscription base.
We are looking for someone to lead and grow a talented team of analytics and data science professionals. This candidate will develop people, form strong working partnerships with business and technology leaders, plan and execute analytical roadmaps, formulate analytical strategies for solving business problems, and develop strategies to scale the impact of data through development of self-service analytical programs.
You should have superb analytical, technical, business and communication skills to be able to work with business and technology leaders to define and prioritize key business questions, build data acquisition processes, data sets, statistical models and analyses that answer those questions. This role requires an individual with exceptionally strong quantitative modeling skills and experience using statistical methods to produce actionable customer insights. The successful candidate will be a proven analytics leader who is comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will:
· Leadership and management of a 20-person global Data Science team
· Partner with senior business and technology leaders to develop data-driven business strategy
· Deliver insights to help shape strategy across a wide spectrum of business and technology areas, including: customer acquisition, customer lifecycle, mobile application features, Alexa voice features, and music programming.
· Lead research and development of foundational business enablers, including: acquisition and lifecycle stage propensity models, customer segmentation models, experimentation metrics, marketing attribution models, and forecast and lift models.
· Oversee planning and execution of self-service analytics data infrastructure roadmap using Tableau
· Provide guidance and thought-leadership on analytical best practices to team members and business partners
· Partner with our Data Engineering team to build requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
· Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
· MS degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Mining, or other quantitative field. PhD preferred.
· 10+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Science Business Intelligence or other quantitative disciplines and a degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
· 5+ years of analytical people management experience
· Deep experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to business problems
· Proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex data problems.
· Proficiency using SQL to query large relational databases and ability to build and maintain processes to extract & integrate data from various sources
· Experience with statistical analytics tools such as R, Python, SAS, or STATA
· Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analysis
· Experience working with AWS, Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark or other Big Data technologies
· Experience writing scripts to manipulate data or automate data pipelines using Python, Ruby, Java, or similar.
· Music industry experience
· A passion for music!
More jobs from our partners (846)
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Scientist, Siri Understanding on27 October 2020Any
AppleData Scientist, Payments Data Science, WPC Analytics – Austin on27 October 2020Any
AppleData Scientist, Payments Data Science, WPC Analytics – SCV on27 October 2020Any