The Global Ops Tech IT Deployment organization manages a complex suite of projects and programs and is responsible for strategic initiatives that cross business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers’ orders. This includes management of site launches across the globe and directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon customers across the world.
As an IT Infrastructure Project Manager, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business. In this role, you will work closely with various stakeholders to deliver value to the customer, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across EU and the globe. You will coordinate with IT management in the development of technology products, service standards and other efforts that enable operations. As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management.
· Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, capacity planning, resource allocation, and project execution.
· Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
· Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders.
· Maintain knowledge regarding hardware and equipment standards to ensure appropriate equipment orders are procured.
· Provide technical support/input, for team projects across your site.
· Keep key partners informed of project progress, while maintaining project documentation. Remain committed to and focused on internal customers, delivering outstanding service.
· Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify risks & issues, and devising contingency plans.
· Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
· Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using project management tools and IT ticketing systems.
· Track and communicate project milestones, deliverables and risks.
· Interact with suppliers, request quotes and purchase equipment in accordance with policies, budgets and operational demand and in line with PMO principles.
· Facilitate formal turn-over with onsite team, support partners and monitor deliverables until agreed upon launch/project milestone is achieved.
· Daily collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
· Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
· Introduction of new technology for IT support, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Managing global initiatives to increase the efficiency of IT infrastructure support and deployment.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent within IT or technical related field.
· Language skills in English and [local language] required.
· Comfortable in a customer-facing, technical role requiring solid technical capability, alongside excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of seniority.
· 5+ years of experience managing IT projects from initiation to closure.
· 2+ years’ experience with project management tools.
· 2+ years’ experience SharePoint.
· Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
· Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent.
· Ability to travel frequently both within country and EU (30%-40%).
· Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies.
· Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
· Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
· Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels, and serve as a role model for teamwork.
· Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
· Strong analytical skills with a progressive flair for problem solving and a tactful ability to operate autonomously in most situations, to successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities.
· Attention-to-detail: you’re conscientious in developing clear and concise documentation,
· Experience with procurement of IT equipment.
· Knowledge of another European language such as German, French, Spanish or Italian is a plus.
· Experience with the latest technologies such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing
Applications with English CV only please
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV, covering letter (both written in English) and certificates (school, university), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies