Top Requirements / Must Haves:
• 5+ years of US Dev experience
• Java – Spring Framework / Boot / REST
• Big Data – Specifically Cassandra experience
• Kafka – Looking for someone who can enhance the pipeline and build APIs
Top 3 Nice to Haves:
• Other Big Data technologies like Spark, Hive, Pig and Sqoop
Individual Duties: System was built 30-40 years ago, and they are trying to modernize them. There are some data issues as well that they are looking to solve. This resource will work across both of his teams.
• Looking for a 6+ years in Java & REST webservices – Microservices would be nice to have
• They are using Spring Framework & Boot
• Currently using some of their own build tools as well as Jenkins
• Duties around Kafka are limited to enhancing the pipeline and building pipeline services / APIs – tool is a 50/50 split between Java & Scala
• No cloud experience needed – should have deployment experience though
• Devs will test end to end – no need for true TDD principals
Official job description:
• Strong Object-Oriented Programming Language Knowledge.
• 5+ years of Java experience, where Java 8+ and above is MUST.
• Experience with SOA, Apache Camel, REST, Web-Services, J2EE technologies, Spring desirable
• 2+ years of experience in two or more technology like Cassandra, Kafka, Solr/Elastic, Spark
• 2+ years’ experience in Agile Methodology
• Scala / Akka http experience would be a big plus
• Experience building high throughput, low latency cache solutions would be a plus
• Experience with various development and CI/CD tools, Git, Docker, Kubernetes.
• Ability to solve complex problems, good communication skills, and positive, can-do attitude