Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
• Develop and validate advanced predictive models using advanced data mining and machine learning techniques. • Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data mining techniques • Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Python, Hadoop, R, SQL • Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to transaction history. Identify new risk patterns through data mining • Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualizationCoach and mentor junior data scientists
• MS in a science or engineering field with 4+ years of relevant professional experience. Ph.D. degree preferred
• Have a passion for working on big data and professional experience in data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and data manipulation.
• Strong Unix background and programming experience in C/C++, or Java, and skills in scripting languages such as Perl or Python. Familiar with various Machine Learning algorithms and Statistical methods
• Strong problem solving skills and communication skills
• SQL and Hadoop / Other Big Data skills preferred
• A strong plus for candidate with credit risk or financial services experiences
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.View More
More jobs from our partners (971)
AppleAI/ML – NLP Research Scientist, Siri Understanding on27 September 2020Any