Lead Full Stack Data Engineer – REMOTE
Why you want to work at Flexion:
We’re looking for a Lead Full Stack Data Engineer with an unwavering passion for working in autonomous, self-directed teams to build complex systems using lean, agile mindsets-this means delivering incremental business value with each sprint and enabling options at all scales. For this project, y ou and your team will be building an enterprise scale data warehouse and working with other teams to effectively consume and use the data to improve the healthcare digital experience of millions of Americans.
At Flexion (an agile software company that’s been delivering excellence for over 24 years), our company culture is built on autonomy, trust, and transparency. We empower teams to remain autonomous and self-directed by hiring people who can solve complex problems by functioning collaboratively-this means lending a hand and flexing your multi-skilled muscles (business application software engineering, database engineering, DevOps, security engineering, etc.) as needed. Every member within a cross-functional team is a leader who takes responsibility for the entire team’s success, which mirrors the company’s overall flat structure.
What the job looks like:
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary, agile application development team tasked with modernizing an enterprise government system. The project work is primarily remote but may require some client on-site work estimated at
- Serving as the primary client point of contact for technology/architecture
- Working with the product team members to enable product goals with platform capabilities
- Working with your team, facilitate technical designs, architecture and planning
- Working with your team, facilitate agile engineering practices such as delivering small narrow slices of functionality, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, and Infrastructure as Code
- Providing servant technical leadership for a team of engineers and data analysts through communication, documentation, and example
- Swarming and pairing with your team to Design, code, test, debug, deploy and document software in an agile environment
Why we want to hire you:
You thrive working in a dynamic environment and think, design, and code with the knowledge that things will change. You want to work with team members that challenge you every day. You demonstrate an unwavering commitment to automated code coverage.
You have: 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience building APIs using a microservices architecture
- Experience developing cloud application architectures, specifically AWS, include experience in some of the following: Athena, RDS, EC2, S3, Glue
- Engineering experience with Ansible, Terraform, and Python
- Experience with tools supporting DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with automated unit testing, end to end testing, smoke tests striving for 100% automated test coverage
- Experience with application logging, monitoring and alerting
- Experience designing systems for extremely high availability with 99.999% uptime
At Flexion, we live by these principles: Speak openly and honestly with your colleagues and clients about problems and proposed solutions
The most efficient way to reach our recruiting team is to submit your resume through the URL provided.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerView More
More jobs from our partners (203)
- AI/ML – Software Engineer (Siri in the Home), Siri Experience on8 August 2020Any
- Siri – Machine Learning Engineer, Speech and Audio Systems on8 August 2020Any