Company Type: Privately Held
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Lead Software Engineer – Platform
The proliferation of machine log data has the potential to give organizations unprecedented real-time visibility into their infrastructure and operations. With this opportunity comes tremendous technical challenges around ingesting, managing, and understanding high-volume streams of heterogeneous data.
As a Lead Platform Engineer , you will lead the design and development of robust, elegant, and extensible frameworks for Sumo Logic’s platform. This is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform written in Scala running in the AWS cloud, that includes bleeding edge components for APIs, security, configuration, content, and access control. The Platform Engineering team’s charter is to enable developers to automate and extend Sumo Logic’s large-scale high-throughput distributed system. The team achieves this through two parallel efforts. First, by designing and building the backend infrastructure and common frameworks that are used by all other Sumo engineers to develop end user solutions. Second, by providing our users with access to the dependable APIs and declarative configuration tools they need to build and enhance complex big data services and machine learning solutions with ease . The platform team is responsible for Sumo Logic’s API framework, content and configuration management frameworks, application framework, and authentication and access control frameworks..
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with product development teams to ensure robust, secure service posture from design over implementation to operation of Sumo Logic applications and cloud services.
- Design and develop the new APIs and promote an API first approach to software delivery across the engineering team.
- Design and develop Sumo Logic’s declarative content and configuration management frameworks.
- Design and develop the federated multi-tenancy authentication and authorization model used across all our solutions to enable the complex security needs of our customers.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our platform components.
- Write robust code; demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
What We Need From You
- B.SS in Computer Sciences ( M.S., or Ph.D. is a plus) or related discipline
- 8+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems
- Familiarity with fault-tolerant high throughput and high concurrency distributed cloud architectures using microservices , and their security and scalability .
- Experience design and implementation of RESTful APIs. Familiarity with OpenAPI and Swagger is a plus.
- Familiarity with authentication, authorization, and SSO concepts and technologies for federated multi-tenant SaaS and web applications.
- Object-oriented programming experience, for example in Java, Scala, Ruby, or C++.
- Understand performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists, trees, etc).
- Desire to learn Scala, an up-and-coming JVM language (scala-lang.org).
- Experience in multi-tenant and/or 24×7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s for distributed microservices.
- Experience with AWS environments and services will be big plus (e.g. EC2, ELB, SQS, KMS, Cloudwatch, etc)
- Happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.
Apply online at https://www.sumologic.com/company/careers/
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
- Funding and Growth:
We have raised $345 million in funding to date, with the most recent round being May 2019. Investors include Battery Ventures, Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 2,000 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.