Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon’s fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team’s primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
The Ad Response Prediction team builds innovating click-through rate & conversation rate machine learning models, pipelines, and real-time serving infra to match shoppers’ intent to relevant ads on all devices, for all contexts and in all marketplaces. Through precise estimation of shoppers’ interaction with ads and their long-term value, we aim to drive optimal ads allocation and pricing, and help to deliver a relevant, engaging and delightful ads experience to Amazon shoppers. As the business and the complexity of various new initiatives we take continues to grow, we are looking for talented Applied Scientists to join the team.
This team is directly impacting customers in meaningful ways and contributing to billions of dollars in revenue!
As an Machine Learning Applied Scientist, you will:
· Conduct deep data analysis to derive insights to the business, and identify gaps and new opportunities
· Develop scalable and effective machine-learning models and optimization strategies to solve business problems
· Work closely with software engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions into production
· Run regular A/B experiments, gather data, and perform statistical analysis
· Improve the scalability, efficiency and automation of large-scale data analytics, model training, deployment and serving
· Conduct research on new machine-learning modeling to optimize all aspects of Sponsored Products business
Impact and Career Growth
You will invent new shopper and advertiser experiences, and accelerate the pace of Machine Learning and Optimization.
Influence customer facing shopping experiences to helping suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising, this role will be powering the engine of one the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
Define a long-term science vision for our ad marketplace, driven fundamentally from the needs of our customers, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams.
This is a role that combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding.
Why you love this opportunity
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
· PhD or equivalent Master’s Degree plus 4+ years of experience in CS, CE, ML or related field
· 2+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Experience in building large-scale machine-learning models for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, Lucene/SOLR or Storm/Samza
· Strong proficiency with Java, Python, Scala or C++
· Experience in computational advertising technology is a big plus
· Published research work in academic conferences or industry circles
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (265)
AppleMachine Learning Engineer – Fraud Engineering, Algorithms, and Risk on24 February 2021Any
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer | Amazon Delivery Experience | Machine Learning on23 February 2021Any
AppleMachine Learning Based Algorthm / ARKit Quality Engineer on18 February 2021Any