Amazon Web Services (AWS) is still growing, and committed to doing so as efficiently as possible. We’ve been asked by AWS’s leadership to deliver several key forecasting models and impact analyses that will be used to guide major investments. We expect these forecasts and models to be updated regularly to influence Amazon’s planning cycles as well as tactical decisions. We need these outputs automated, scaled, and then optimized by testing a variety of data and modeling approaches.
We’re looking for an SDE who’s excellent in programming and interested in learning more about ML. You’ll act as a tech leader for our team of scientists, setting and modeling best coding and building practices for the team. You’ll be hungry to learn about machine learning and economics, and you’ll teach young scientists not just how to code but how to automate, set up reusable workflows, and generally solve problems at scale.
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Ph.D./M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field;
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modelling and analysis;
· 1+ years hands on experience in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications;
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science ;
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems.
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment;
· Experience working with Deep Learning frameworks (MxNet, TensorFlow, etc.);
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists;
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (312)
AppleAI/ML- Machine Learning Engineer, Information Intelligence on8 April 2021Any
AppleMachine Learning Based Algorthm / ARKit Quality Engineer on8 February 2021Any
AppleData Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer for AVConference on14 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Platform & Technology on13 March 2021Any
AppleData Scientist (Computer Vision and Machine Learning) – Strategic Data Solutions on10 April 2021Any