The Economics Technology team (ET) applies Machine Learning, Causal Inference, and Econometric/Economic Methodologies to derive actionable insights about the complex economy of Amazon’s retail business. We also develop Statistical Models and Algorithms to drive strategic business decisions and improve operations. We are an interdisciplinary team of Economists, Engineers, and Scientists incubating and building day one solutions using cutting-edge technology, to solve some of the toughest business problems at Amazon.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone who wants to have business impact, dive deep into large-scale economic problems, enable measurable actions on the Consumer economy, and work closely with scientists and economists. If you are interested in Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, large-scale, low-latency distributed systems and can build the software that use the models, this is the role you have been looking for.
We are a Day 1 team, with a charter to be disruptive through the use of ML and bridge the Science and Engineering gaps that exist for engineers today. You will start on green field projects working with Principal Scientists to bring our models to life. We are an inclusive team, and are looking for SDEs that aren’t averse to learning and building predictive models alongside our scientists.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Basic understanding of machine learning and econometrics
· Experience building large-scale machine-learning models
· Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience with machine learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools
More jobs from our partners (175)
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer, Advanced Development on26 November 2020Any
AmazonSr. Financial Analyst, AWS AI and Machine Learning on26 November 2020Any
AmazonSr. Financial Analyst, AWS AI and Machine Learning on25 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML- Sr Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Experience on23 November 2020Any