There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Middle Market is where challenge is fun, results are rewarding and we live our values. The Insperity Middle Market Solutions team is an exceptional group focused specifically on supporting our larger clients ranging in size from 150 to 5,000 employees. Part of our mission is to help our Middle Market clients become the best they can be by understanding their unique challenges and integrating relevant human capital/human resources solutions that accelerate their potential.
Manager, Data Science
We are currently seeking a Manager, Data Science to join our team.
As part of the Market Insights & Analytics team, this position is responsible for leading efforts to leverage business performance data and associated metadata maintained in internal and external databases to enhance performance and gain insights into results. Designs, plans, advocates, and builds data-fueled analytics products that help Insperity teams better understand past and improve future outcomes. Provides insight into leading analytic practices as well as produces new and creative analytic solutions utilizing advanced techniques and algorithms.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Works closely with divisions and departments to understand data insight needs and translates them into appropriate analytics instruments. Improves data access processes enabled through the implemented technologies
- Develops processes and tools to monitor data quality.
- Develops processes and tools to monitor and analyze business performance.
- Architects, develops, and uses a variety of datasets to find opportunities for product and process optimization.
- Architects and develops a variety of analytic instruments (models, simulations, etc.) to test and validate the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Works with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data and non-structured domain knowledge to drive business solutions.
- Acts as a key stakeholder in defining strategies for data capture, hygiene, and utilization.
- Leads, defines and manages analytics releases, builds functional specifications for future analytics needs and represents the divisions and departments to ensure high-level technical design and project teams meet the defined schedules.
- Works with divisions and departments, applicable employees and development teams during the design, development, test, training and launch phases of the analytics release cycle.
- Ensures all customer and quality requirements are satisfied in the analytics product delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in Business, Statistics, Psychology or a related field is required.
- Seven to ten years of experience in the following disciplines / roles: (1) project management, (2) requirements management, (3) data architecture and database development (4) performing and presenting a variety of business analyses related to managing risk, business opportunity discovery, and increasing operational efficiencies, (5) supervisory experience with development teams and line of business colleagues, (6) a record of collaboration and relationship building with business stakeholders and senior management is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Curious, motivated, and highly organized self-starter and decision maker capable of working with limited supervision.
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Communicates effectively–verbally and in writing– with an ability to express complex technical concepts in clear and accessible business terms.
- Broad working knowledge of data analysis concepts, applied mathematics, statistics, database management, relational database architecture, and data quality control processes.
- Expert level of competence in the development of Tableau Platform deliverables, advanced knowledge of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server, and how the various components of the Tableau Platform complement each other. Knowledge of Tableau Prep is a plus.
- Broad working knowledge of Windows operating systems and a wide variety of desktop applications (including spreadsheets, word processors, presentation graphics) in a network environment, and Internet browsers and related Internet tools.
- Ability to create and maintain reports using specialized report writing software other than Tableau Platform components would be a plus.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.) and / or at least one leading Data Science Platform to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, including experience with a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Working knowledge of relational database programs, especially Microsoft SQL Server. Demonstrated competence in writing SQL code (T-SQL, P-SQL, etc.).
- Problem solving skills with the ability to apply unique and creative approaches to resolve issues and able to deal with conflicts and problems constructively.
- Demonstrated analytical, statistical and critical thinking skills.
- Exhibits a positive team player attitude with a sense of urgency directed toward the provision of successful solutions for specific projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, be a self-starter, be innovative and actively seek new or better methods of competence.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’re regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work.”
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.