8115 – Corp Office Canal Crossing – 101 S 15st, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
It’s an exciting time at CarMax! After decades of success and a rise to becoming the largest used car retailer in the US, CarMax is focused on disrupting the auto industry once again through our transformation to a leading omni-channel retailer. To achieve this goal, CarMax has spent the last few years investing heavily in modernizing our digital and analytical infrastructure to support our customer-centric experience as the customer shopping journey continues to evolve online. We’re stitching data science throughout our business to drive a great customer experience and optimize our operations.
As a Data Science Manager at CarMax, you’ll apply your passion and expertise for data, machine learning, predictive analytics and entrepreneurship to create data-powered products that enrich CarMax’s culture of innovation. You will be a leader in the analytic community – advancing the use of data science in high impact areas of our business.
With millions of customer interactions every day, you’ll be tapping the industry’s best data to develop new algorithms and capabilities to enhance how Customers navigate their car buying journey, and to optimize Associate impact.
The Data Science Manager will serve as a technical expert on the team, and will:
- Build and enhance predictive Customer Progression models:
- Employ a deep command of data science modeling techniques and statistics, leveraging a variety of technologies, open-source languages, and cloud computing platforms
- Apply expertise in model design, training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Unlock insights by analyzing large amounts of complex proprietary customer and transactional data, alongside external data
- Develop an acute understanding of our data, how to access it, analyze it, and monitor it
- Design controlled experiments to assess the value of new applications
- Partner with cross-functional teams – eg Product, Operations, Strategy, Data Engineering, to:
- Create new use cases for data-powered products
- Develop and implement tools that enhance the Customer Experience and the Associate Experience
- Communicate with all levels throughout the organization to understand the business opportunities, explain the models, and influence change
- Collaborate within the team to deliver high quality analytics, share best practices, and help each other learn and grow
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced Degree (Master’s/Ph.D.) in quantitative discipline (Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Strong analytical curiosity and passion for applying advanced modeling techniques in problem solving
- 3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Python and other languages appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical and textual data
- Data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Relational databases and SQL
- Sound analytical thinker with a proven track record of providing actionable insights and clear strategic direction
- Ability to convey complex, technical subject matter in a clear and straightforward manner; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through written and oral presentations with all levels of the organization
- Solid project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to train and mentor others
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
More jobs from our partners (721)
AppleAI/ML – Sr. Data Scientist – Statistician , Siri Data on21 July 2021Any