Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies located in Denton Texas. A business built with a purpose to provide our customers with access to high-quality professional beauty products and exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with deep experience working with data in a variety of formats. An excellent verbal and written communicator who will work closely with business stakeholders ensuring the delivery of the highest quality.
“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
- Engage with business teams to find opportunities, understand requirements, and translate those requirements into technical solutions
- Design data science approach, applying tried-and-true techniques or developing custom algorithms as needed by the business problem
- Collaborate with data engineers and platform architects to implement robust production real-time and batch decisioning solutions
- Ensure operational and business metric health by monitoring production decision points
- Investigate adversarial trends, identify behavior patterns, and respond with agile logic changes
- Communicate results of analyses to business partners and executives
- Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
- Practical experience with and theoretical understanding of algorithms for classification regression, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles and SQL.
- Familiarity with Big Data tools like Spark, Hive etc.
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, or similar language
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.