Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated leader for the Global Services and Support (GSS) Program Management Office (PMO). In this role, you will lead a team of Technical Program Managers (TPMs) responsible for planning and execution of large, cross-functional programs impacting the service and supportability of Amazon’s robotics technologies. Critical scope areas for your team include: integrating with AR product and engineer teams to drive supportability requirements and readiness for new products, leading AR technology and process readiness for high volume Peak periods, driving GSS strategic planning and executive reporting, and other critical support mechanisms and processes. Together, your team will collaborate with and influence a broad range of stakeholders across operations, engineering, support, and other organizations. In this role you will develop and implement mechanisms and processes to enable your team to scale with a growing AR network, build subject matter expertise, and innovate to address the needs of your operations and AR customers. You will hire, develop, and grow a team of leaders within Amazon Robotics. You will be expected to work independently with high ambiguity to anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs with technical constraints.
· Lead a team of Technical Program Managers to scope and deliver large scale, cross-functional programs from initiation through delivery, on time and with quality.
· Ensure consistent and efficient execution of programs and projects. Develop and implement governance and project methodology frameworks to deliver high-quality, scalable solutions within aggressive timelines.
· Proactively identify and mitigate program risks and obstacles by collaborating closely with business partners and key tech and non-tech stakeholders. This includes effectively communicating with, and influencing, senior stakeholders across multiple organizations.
· Hire, develop and manage a diverse team of Technical Program Managers to create a pipeline of future leaders while building an inspiring, high-performance environment that attracts internal and external talent.
· Continually improve GSS effectiveness by identifying and delivering innovative, ‘think-big’ improvement opportunities and new mechanisms.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math/Statistics, or Business, or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience leading engineering projects with aggressive schedules or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of experience with people management, and hiring and developing technical teams
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to competently discuss complex technical and business issues with operations, engineering (software/hardware), and leadership teams both verbally and in writing
· Experience creating and implementing scalable business processes and mechanism
· Masters degree in Engineering and/or MBA.
· Experience with project management tools and processes, preferably across multiple phases of product lifecycle from requirements to execution.
· Experience and proven skill in writing white papers, organizational communications, and business cases for Senior Managers and above.
· Experience in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
· Experience in business consulting, operations analysis, or process improvement (e.g. Lean Six Sigma) desirable.
· Strong data analytics skills with experience using tools to analyze data to drive decisions.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.View More
More jobs from our partners (62)
AmazonSenior Technical Program Manager – AMAZON ROBOTICS – Westboro, MA. on23 November 2020Any
AmazonSr Functional Safety Compliance Engineer (Robotics) on24 November 2020Any
AmazonAMAZON ROBOTICS – SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – NORTH READING, MA on21 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Software Development Engineer – AMAZON ROBOTICS – NORTH READING, MASSACHUSETTS on21 November 2020Any
AmazonSr Technical Program Manager – AMAZON ROBOTICS – Westboro, MA or North Reading, MA. on21 November 2020Any