McKee Foods Corporation
Company Type: Privately Held Size: 5,001-10,000 employees
Current employees are eligible to apply for an internship using our internal posted jobs process. Benefits and seniority may be impacted. If you meet the requirements, the recruiter will discuss the impact to benefit eligibility.
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a student Intern who will work in the Category Insights Department. This position will be conducting data analysis in support of the work done by Category Analysts which has a direct impact on our products in the marketplace. The ideal candidate has the potential to work and learn with us throughout his/her college career. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience with a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with an 85 year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Monday – Friday, flexible work schedule with hours varying between 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (expected to work approximately 20 hours per week during school year and up to 40 during summer months and school breaks)
Candidates must live within commuting distance to Collegedale, Tennessee.
You’ll learn from a great team of business analysts. As an Intern in Category Insights, you will be an active part of the team that analyzes sales data for key insights and new opportunities at retail. You will compile data into reports and presentations, and monitor reports for existing business opportunities and historical performance. This includes providing support for sales and execution strategies, preparing planograms, developing sales stories, and communicating key information to internal and external customers.
Make McKee Foods a stable part of your education plan and you will develop the technical, business and customer-service skills needed to become a well-rounded business professional!
- Current enrollment in a bachelors or graduate degree program in Business Management, Accounting, Marketing, Statistics, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Business Intelligence, Computer Science, or related field
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate student
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office and Excel (i.e. ability to create charts, graphs, pivot tables, advanced formulas, statistical tools, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to present findings and data to multiple levels of management
- Interest in business analysis and insight discovery skills
- Interest in and/or aptitude for working with Analytics, Retail, Sales and Marketing departments
- Customer service skills
- Willing and able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Willing to accept responsibility and perform with minimal supervision
- High level of initiative and drive
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- 3.0 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Tableau or other Visual Analysis software experience
- Ability to work with basic statistical functions such as linear regression algorithms
- Understanding of advanced database techniques, data visualization, data warehousing, online analytical processing (OLAP), data mining, decision support systems (DSS), artificial intelligence (AI) methods and other Business Intelligence (BI) topics
- Demonstrated understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated abilities with both custom and syndicated research
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods business or working in a retail environment
- Experience in category management processes and/or consumer/shopper insights
Benefits (for intern new hires)
- Competitive pay scale
- Flexible hours around school schedule
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Direct deposit payroll
- Credit Union
- Exercise and recreation facility
- Please note: Spare, limited and provisional employees (including interns) are not eligible for some company benefits.
Please upload your current resume to be fully considered for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer