Company Type:Public Company Size: 1,001-5,000 employees
ECS seeks a Mid-Level Data Scientist to support the development and integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cloud Solutions. The candidate has experience and/or coursework in managing, manipulating, storing and parsing data, particularly text or user generated content from social media, blogs or other platforms. The work is performed in a multidisciplinary small team environment in an agile project framework. The candidate is highly motivated and enthusiastic about implementing new technologies where deadlines are important to national security.
The candidate will be contributing to a pathfinder program for the Department of Defense (DoD) that has the potential to change the way process raw user generated content into information and then products which inject into decision making processes from the strategic to the tactical level.
- Participate in technical exchange meetings and discussions with our customers, vendors, and internal team to help coordinate, prioritize, and track datasets supporting AI efforts
- Work closely with software engineers and architects to extract, transform and standardize data to prepare for ingest into Machine Learning (ML) development environments
- Support continuous process automation for data ingest
- Support the development and integration of ML algorithms for testing and operational deployment
- Assist with the design and development of data services and/or pipelines as part of an Agile team
- Coordinate with the Program Manager and Data Team to determine data requirements and to serve as the project data advocate
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and successfully under changing priorities and deadlines
- Help cultivate an environment that promotes customer service, excellence, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Active Secret clearance – TS preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Math, Finance, Statistics, Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or an equivalent field
- 1-4 years of working experience in one of the related areas: Data Science, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Relevant course work may be considered as a substitute for actual experience.
- Proficient with parsing data in different formats for ML applications
- Experience with Linux applications, python, java and/or SQL
- Experience transforming and manipulating data sets
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience working with cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience working with Department of Defense (DoD) organizations or performers
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2500+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.