SAIC has a current need for a ORSA- Sr. Data Scientist to join our team in Huntsville, AL.
- Provide Operations Research Systems Analyst (ORSA) expertise to plan, coordinate and conduct analysis related to Line of Effort (LOE) modeling and assessment of CABAIL mission activities.
- Lead the CABAIL team in identifying, developing, and assessing alternative data sources for integration into the data collection efforts.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the CABAIL Team in developing Measures of Performance (MOPs), Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs), and other analytical metrics to assess achievement of desired future force effects.
- Contribute in the CABAIL operational environment by managing large quantities of data, developing strategies, developing metrics, and providing tactical, operational, and strategic recommendations for courses of action (COA) to leadership and decision-makers.
- Provide recommendations that are tactically, operationally, and strategically relevant.
- Improve overall staff abilities/effectiveness by sharing analytical and technical skills.
- Provide assessment frameworks to support quantitative and qualitative analysis to measure and support accomplishment of CABAIL capability exploration events.
- Demonstrated experience with using open analytical source tools (for example, R, Python and SQL).
- Support the CABAIL team in generating and delivering reports and briefings on the data collected and the final analysis of the information with recommendations to leadership
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in operations research, industrial/systems engineering, systems analysis, or related field and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
MUST be able to obtain a Secret security clearance; prefer active
- Thorough understanding of analytics concepts coupled with a thorough understanding of Army tactical operations to provide reliable analysis and recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge with various techniques associated with data ingestion, data conditioning, identifying data anomalies and data aggregation
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the structure/type of data ingested into a model to determine the optimal statistical method to use to verify models and determine that algorithms are performing correctly.
- Incorporate risk analysis into risk mitigation strategies that help identify less desirable outcomes of capability explorations, their probabilities, and the appropriate action for risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience with leveraging existing business intelligence capabilities to take data/information and aggregate that data/information for senior leaders for use and decision making.
- Ability to implement and apply familiarity with common qualitative and quantitative assessment tools and methodologies in the conduct of daily CABAIL.
- Five years military experience (Active Duty, or DA Civilian or Civilian Contractor)
- Experience working on classified networks and interfacing with military staffs at the operational and strategic level.
- Ability to manage and operate assessment frameworks within the Strategic Management System software platform
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication abilities.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityView More
More jobs from our partners (660)
SlackSr. Data Scientist, Business Analytics – Data Science on21 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Data Scientist – Experimentation, Siri Data on29 April 2021Any