Sunrun is the nation’s leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet’s biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun’s Talent Network or by submitting an application to this job today.
We are looking for an experienced people scientist or data scientist-practitioner to join our people analytics function. This role will uncover data-driven insights to better attract, develop, motivate, and retain Sunrun’s most important asset: our people. This role will serve as an active partner with HR and functional leaders to develop dashboards, perform research and analyses on a broad spectrum of people issues: including talent pipelines, culture & belonging, retention and engagement . The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and experience working across a variety of people areas.
The role reports to the Head of HRBP, Talent Analytics, and PMO. this role can be based remotely through preferred in San Francisco.
- Apply your expertise in people research, quantitative analysis, data science, and data visualization to help Sunrun recruit, select, grow, and retain talent
- See beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things people-related
- Partner with the HR, recruiting and diversity teams on people projects to identify and clarify critical people issues, deeply understand our people processes and analyze data to drive improvements
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Inform your analytical approach by establishing a sound understanding of the underlying mechanics of Sunrun’s business, from customer acquisition and installation to financing and servicing.
- Develop a deep understanding of data systems and models containing business and personnel data. Drive improvements and updates to Talent data structure and models as the subject matter authority, and represent the Talent team on a cross-functional data steward team.
- Execute data integrity and solutions in tight partnership with HR Operations and Technology teams.
- Ability to organize data, design analyses, and distill insights out of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience manipulating data (cleaning, merging, transforming, analyzing) using tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL, R, and Python.
- Advanced skills with a range of database, analytics, and visualization software and tools.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills in dealing with senior management. Ability to work cross-functionally and to multitask in a fast-paced environment – thrives on being flexible.
- 3+ years work experience in an analytical role with progressively growing responsibility. Experience of working with HR data specifically Talent Acquisition is preferred.
- BA/BS degree with a focus in engineering, data analytics, computer science equivalently analytical field. MBA, MA/MS or another advanced degree strongly preferred.
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.View More