Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
As FIS grows, our need for a skilled and seasoned pricing analytics team grows. The Pricing Data Scientist designs and develops methods and systems that can consolidate and analyse ‘big data’ to generate insights and client solutions. He/she will develop and code software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse large datasets into meaningful information and scalable solutions to produce game changing insights. By being able to draw conclusions from large, disparate sources of data, FIS can identify and pursue new opportunities and pre-empt trends to continue our exponential growth.
What you will be doing
- Interacts with business leaders, business partners, pricing team, demand and revenue forecasting teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments
- Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze diverse ‘big data’ sources to generate actionable insights
- Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments
- Comfortable and able to challenge conclusions and impact business outcomes
- Draws on experience and data to provide insightful analytics
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Understands how economic and business cycle factors impact business conditions
- Drives portfolio analytics of products and industry trends
What you bring
- Data modeling and feature engineering
- Previous programing experience — OOP, Stats packages, scripting
- Effectively work with large and disparate datasets
Bonus if you have
- SQL, Hadoop environment experience ( required for senior role )
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
More jobs from our partners (638)
AppleAI/ML – Sr Data Scientist – Experimentation, Siri Data on10 April 2021Any