Location is flexible anywhere in the US.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated business-oriented technologists who possess a unique balance of business knowledge, AI/ML depth and effective interpersonal skills. This role will focus on supporting customers looking to use AI/ML to enhance their business or operational outcomes.
The Principal ML Strategist is a growth role within the Professional Services Intelligence practice. They have the unique ability to put together cutting-edge solutions that bring together data using a combination of deep technical knowledge, sales/business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills. You will evangelize AWS AI/ML with other customers and help drive revenue growth across a broad set of industry-specific use cases. As a trusted customer advocate, the Principal ML Strategist will create best practices around AI/ML team structure, project approaches, and business measurement. The ability to connect AI/ML with business value is critical to the Principal ML Strategist role.
This role is responsible for partnering with Professional Services’ sales team to dive deep into a customer’s business outcomes, to collaboratively propose solutions during sales pursuits, and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal data science (AI/ML) Professional Services engagement.
Thereafter, the Principal AI / ML Strategist remains meaningfully engaged on a part-time basis with that customer, Amazon team, and project/ program to provide oversight resulting in high-value, predictable, and successful delivery. A successful candidate will enjoy diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and proposing long-term solutions using AWS AI/ML and other services.
This is a hybrid role requiring exceptional sales strategy support and delivery skills. The person in this role will come with a unique data science expertise, strong interpersonal skills, experience in selling and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers and their success using AWS to align with the desired business outcomes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Own the approach (business, organizational, technical) and ultimate success around specific AI/ML projects.
· Discuss complex industry-specific business concepts with executives, line managers and data scientists.
· Engage with various AWS teams, including data & Analytics, IoT, business development, marketing, partners and regional professional services organizations during pre and post sales cycle.
· Drive large, complex sales opportunities to closure and through delivery.
· Ensure customer success in ideating and launching AI/ML on the AWS platform.
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS AI/ML and participate in deep business discussions to ensure solutions are designed to capture business value and drive the intended success metrics.
· Conduct workshop sessions to identify AI/ML opportunities with our customers considering or already using AWS.
· Capture and operationalize best-practice knowledge for enterprises that wish to drive machine learning more holistically (e.g., deploying a customer center of excellence).
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
· Build deep relationships with senior individuals within customers to enable them to be AI/ML advocates.
· Act as a business liaison between customers, services, data scientists and support.
· Make meaningful contributions to deep business discussions.
This is a customer-facing role and you will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience
· 8+ years of industry experience working with external or internal customers in selling and AI/ML programs, projects, or related work
· Experience participating in the sales lifecycle (directly or indirectly)
· Experience in management consulting or related work
· Experience in leading executive briefings and customer workshops focused on AI / ML strategy, use case and roadmap development
· Experience in data exploration and analytics to discover hidden patterns and insights
· Master’s degree or PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.).
· Publications or presentations in recognized ML journals or conferences.
· Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage numerous demands from internal / external stakeholders and Customers.
· Ability to collaborate with global/enterprise account sales and delivery teams to drive adoption of AI/ML Solutions into top account.
· Experience and passion for designing and developing innovative AI/ML solutions that leverage natural language processing, computer vision, statistical learning theory.
· Familiarity with AWS AI services (e.g., Amazon Personalize), ML platforms (Amazon SageMaker), and open-source frameworks (e.g., MXNet, TensorFlow, PyTorch, SparkML, scikit-learn) to help our customers build AI/ML models.
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge, i.e. presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences; High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical problems and develop strategic, baselined, data modeling processes; ability to accurately identify cause-and-effect relationships.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (261)
AppleAI/ML – ML Data Management Lead, Machine Translation on27 October 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Technical Project Manager, Siri in the Home on27 October 2020Any