ECS is seeking a Principal Data Scientist to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Principal Data Scientist with strong AI/ML skills to work in our Fairfax, VA office. We are a rapidly growing company that considers our employees to be our most important asset. People truly are number one at ECS. We are situated in Merrifield, VA — well positioned for most commutes in the Northern Virginia area. Our newly renovated office spaces are first class and provide an inspirational environment. We offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting advanced IT business in the DC area. ECS has extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in the AI/ML field. We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits to the right person for this key position.
ECS is a leader in data science for the Department of Defense and one of the largest AI/ML product creators in the federal market. We are developing and fielding AI/ML models to support our operating forces on a continuous delivery cycle. We need a proven and highly capable expert in data science and AI/ML to lead our growing analytics team and continue delivering valuable solutions and insights to our defense and intelligence customers. Our requirement is for a senior data scientist with expert technical, analytic and communication skills. This individual will work closely with the most senior levels in ECS to both support our present customers and to grow additional business in this exciting and dynamic field.
As an ECS Data Scientist, you will drive the use of large, complex, and disparate data sources from across the national security landscape to deliver vital information to commanders, decision makers, and action officers. Your solutions will help develop better and faster decisions, significantly enhance efficiencies and improve the nation’s national security posture.
- Top Secret clearance, clearable to SCI
- BS or BA degree, preferably in data analytics, statistics, computer science or another directly relevant field
- At least five years of data analytics experience in a consulting or professional services role, including expert skills in artificial intelligence, model development and sustainment, machine learning, data visualization, statistics, and data science
- At least five years of experience in data strategy, architecture and management, including expert skills in database architecture and development, data management and data wrangling
- At least five years of experience developing and integrating solutions using tools such as Python, R, Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Spark, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Expert skills in conducting and leading large, complex analytical projects for Federal government customers, including developing and delivering comprehensive reports, dashboards, presentations and other analytical deliverables
- Excellent written and presentation skills, including the ability to successfully communicate complex technical, mathematical, and scientific information to business leaders
- Master’s degree in data science, computer science, statistics or another relevant field
- Experience leading and executing data projects in DoD environment (highly desirable)
- Expertise in business development support, solution architecture, and proposal development
- Strong software development background in general purpose languages such as Java, C#, Python, Go, Julia, C, C++, Rust, etc.
- Experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
More jobs from our partners (721)
AppleAI/ML – Sr. Data Scientist – Statistician , Siri Data on21 July 2021Any