Amgen is dedicated to discovering transformative medicines that address the leading causes of death and disability. Within Amgen’s Research and Development organization, the Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) team strives to revolutionize the design and discovery of breakthrough differentiating therapeutics. Driven by passion and commitment, the CDS team provides actionable insights from physical and data modeling to accelerate therapeutic discovery.
Amgen has new opportunities for enthusiastic data scientists with backgrounds in computational biology or chemistry to join our CDS team where you will utilize your expertise to develop models and algorithms in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams of computational and experimental scientists. Providing technical leadership and partnering across broad discovery areas of research, you will:
- Develop and implement groundbreaking machine learning and other data science solutions.
- Collaborate with computational and experimental scientists to develop and optimize predictive models that directly impact the discovery pipeline.
- Provide technical leadership to data scientists and engineers.
Doctorate degree and 3 years of related data sciences experience
Master’s degree and 6 years of related data sciences experience
Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related data sciences experience
- PhD in in Computational Sciences, Applied Math, Statistics or related quantitative field.
- Strong track record of research accomplishments including five or more scientific publications or conference presentations.
- At least 10 years experience applying both traditional data sciences and deep machine learning to molecular sciences and drug discovery.
- Expertise in advanced data science techniques and tools, machine learning, supervised/unsupervised learning and statistical analysis.
- Experience with UNIX, Python, C++, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras.
- Strong communication, project management and technical leadership skills with an enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary team environment.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.View More