Our mission is to make machine learning (ML) accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime through education. We at Machine Learning University (MLU) believe strongly that a practical knowledge of ML is a key skill which can be taught broadly and applied to customer problems across Amazon’s peculiar ecosystem. We are expanding our introductory classes to train 50% of our global builder population in 2021. This role will focus on developing a clear strategy to execute on our goal and partner with scientists, leaders, and executives across Amazon to deliver on it. If you are passionate about democratizing ML, thrive in a start-up environment, and are excited about a chance to work on a mission-driven team, we want to talk to you!
MLU’s Principal Program Manager will be a results-oriented and resourceful leader who is capable of moving quickly to establish themselves as a credible strategic partner. This person has demonstrated skills in the following areas: scaling global programs; articulating business outcomes; data driven analysis; aligning with stakeholders across all levels of the company; exceptional oral and written communications. Corporate and/or technical education; familiarity with Data Science/ML a plus.
· Represent MLU’s strategic efforts, ensuring awareness, earning support and driving adoption from stakeholders across the company.
· Lead creative program development to deliver innovative and high quality ML training at scale.
· Be entrepreneurial – generate unexpected insights, develop bold solutions and experiment with innovative ideas in the face of ambiguity.
· Drive strategic vision and tactical execution for complex initiatives to enable the organization to apply ML on the job.
· Design and implement processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
Program Team Leadership
· Drive program objectives with defined project plans, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
· Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational and project reporting to track progress, manage escalations, and continuously drive us towards our goals.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with particular emphasis on the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts and proposals to engage technical teams and leadership.
· Provide direction and mentorship to the Program Operations team to develop a strong team culture and align team goals to customer needs.
Earning Trust with Senior Leaders
· Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence direction, collaborate across diverse business teams, and build strong stakeholder relationships is critical.
· Proactive in working with partners to resolve issues, overcome obstacles and achieve solutions to meet objectives and deliver results to the highest standards.
· Build strong relationships with senior business leaders to develop a deep understanding of the business and increase awareness of ML and ML education as a critical business imperative.
· Attention to detail and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and improvement opportunities.
· Regularly measure and analyze, highlight areas of strength and weakness, providing consultative support to identify opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement.
As a team, diversity, inclusion and equality are important to us. We seek diverse teammates from all walks of life to join us, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
· 12+ years in experience working specifically in technical education; Program and Project Management; and understanding of engineering work environments a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Experience managing people
· STEM undergraduate or advanced degree preferred
· Global Program Management experience preferred
· Experience operationalizing and scaling programs
· Strong analytical skills and data-driven approaches to strategy
· Experience working with cross functional teams
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Experience communicating strategic decisions with Leadership
More jobs from our partners (179)
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer, Amazon SageMaker, AWS AmazonAI Machine Learning Platform on30 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer Automation, Siri Understanding on30 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on22 November 2020Any