Company Type: Public Company
Who We Are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what’s possible with us.
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota’s InfoTech Labs Division is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Principal Researcher for Distributed AI (Artificial Intelligence).
The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct research on innovative machine learning technologies for vehicular distributed hierarchical AI that fully utilize information and computational resources of connected vehicles, edge computing and cloud computing in order to process very-large-scale vehicle data in real time.
Reporting to the Director of Intelligent Mobility Systems, the person in this role will support the Intelligent Mobility Systems department’s objective to develop and demonstrate the key technologies for future mobility services/platform.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create vehicular Distributed Hierarchical AI architecture and novel machine learning algorithms to fully utilize the architecture
- Define the use cases to demonstrate the advantage of Distributed Hierarchical AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Design and implement proof-of-concept prototype systems of Distributed Hierarchical AI (Artificial Intelligence) and evaluate the performance and feasibility of PoC prototype systems
- Create patents and academic papers to publish the research outcomes
- Create research proposals for the future research themes by proactively investigating research trend and understanding needs through the communication with various departments within the division and company and SMEs and other fields’ experts outside the company
TEMA – Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing North America
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Oct 22, 2019, 11:32:48 AM
What You Bring
- PhD in Computer Science or a similar field, OR a Master’s Degree with publications in high-ranked conferences and journals to demonstrate research capability
- AI (Artificial Intelligence)/ Machine Learning research
- Thorough understanding of latest deep learning algorithms, and experience of application implementation with latest deep learning technologies
- Excellent coding skill in C++ and/or Python on Linux
- Experience in using DL (Deep Learning) frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
Added Bonus If You Have
- Broad knowledge on the internet, cloud/edge computing, and distributed computing
- Experience of development of proof-of-concept prototypes of research projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to explain complex research problems to non-technical audience
- Analytical ability and problem-solving skills
What we’ll bring
A Few Highlights Include
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities.
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What You Should Know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.