Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
In this role, you will join a team of Regional Support Managers working directly with operations leaders at Amazon Fulfilment Centers to maximize the performance of their robotic technology and processes. Your team is one of the primary links between AR and Operations, coaching site leaders on operational best practices and robotics systems and tools. Your team will be responsible for ensuring robotic system health and performance by diving deep into the technology issues, driving mitigations, and influencing long-term root cause corrective actions. You’ll collaborate with and influence a broad range of stakeholders across operations, engineering, support, and other organizations. In this role you will help develop and implement mechanisms and processes to enable your team to scale with a growing AR network, build subject matter expertise, and innovate to address the needs of your operations and AR customers. You are also expected to work independently and with ambiguity in a complex, fast-paced, and high-throughput environment where multi-tasking is required.
· Auditing and driving safe and effective operational best practices for use of AR technologies across North American sites through your regionalized team
· Identifying and addressing trending operational performance issues and improvement opportunities, and implementing solutions across North America
· Deploying mechanisms, processes, and tools to enable your team to scale, develop and share expertise, and drive continuous improvement.
· Facilitating network-wide rollout of new robotic technologies and tools, and supporting operations’ launch of new robotic systems
· Provide requirements and “voice of the customer” feedback and influence product and technical teams to drive long-term mitigation of performance issues and customer needs
· ~33-50% travel expected
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or relevant experience
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills, with the ability to competently discuss complex technical issues with operations, engineering (software/hardware), and leadership teams
· Ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
· Knowledge and/or working experience with analytical tools (sql, Excel, tableau)
· Masters degree in Engineering and/or MBA
· Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies
· Experience with robotics hardware, software, and/or system troubleshooting
· Experience in BI and analytical tools including Tableau, SQL, and R/Python
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (53)
AppleSenior Robotics Hardware Engineer – Mechanical and Mechatronics on8 February 2021Any
AmazonApplied Scientist Intern, Amazon Scout (Autonomous Robotics) on25 February 2021Any