Nissan Motor Corporation
Company Type:Public Company Size: 10,001+ employees
We’re currently looking for a Researcher in Autonomous Mobility at Alliance Innovation Lab Silicon Valley.
This role will be responsible to design, develop, and install software solutions in areas such as computer vision, sensor fusion, machine learning, object tracking, motion planning and human-machine interaction within 3 primary fields of focus: 1) Autonomous Driving; 2) Connected Mobility Services; and 3) Human-Machine Interfaces.
Job Functions Include But Are Not Limited To
- Writes computer language code for one more of the following: 1) to control or improve autonomous vehicle operation; 2) to connect vehicles to other technology (smartphones, the cloud, other cars, and traffic infrastructure, etc.).
- Collaborates in depth with other Silicon Valley Partners and seeks to understand integrate advanced technologies, ideas, and trends. Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code; improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Implements advanced algorithms from the robotics and artificial intelligence domains. Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle; protects operations by keeping information confidential; pushes relentlessly to make the Nissan Research team among the most advanced and well respected teams in the world.
- Because of the complexity of the duties and the need for the constant application of theoretical knowledge of the type gained in a degreed program, the requirements for the position include at least a Master’s degree with a focus on AI, Robotics, Machine Learning, or Autonomous Systems.
- Strong foundation in software development with an eagerness to rapidly prototype ideas. Experience with real-world autonomous systems a plus.
- This position requires a through expertise in software development/engineering, artificial intelligence ,Partially Observable Markov Decision Process, robot planning as well as the ability to interpret technical requirements and proficiency using programming languages such as C++; Python, Java, Matlab, graphics.
- Must aspire to do groundbreaking research and achieve tangible results in an industry setting. Must be collaborative, well-organized, and capable to effectively communicate results at technical and non-technical level.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire; Nissan uses E-Verify to validate employment eligibility. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time. **
Santa Clara California United States of America