Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
The Amazon Robotics Data Science, Business Intelligence & Data Engineering team discovers insights in vast and varied robotic data to help our engineering teams understand how their technologies operate across Amazon’s network of warehouses. We collaborate with designers, software and hardware engineers, and operations teams to understand product requirements, make feature trade-offs, design, and operate new applications of Amazon Robotics technology. We conduct relevant, insightful analysis and communicate the results through white papers and presentations. Our methods include design of experiments, statistical modeling, machine learning, financial analysis, and data visualization.
What You Will Do
You will work cross-functionally with engineering teams, program managers, and leaders throughout the organization to deliver projects aimed at characterizing and improving the performance of new robotic automation technology in Amazon’s network of warehouses. In this role, you will use a combination of unified and disparate data sources to uncover insights delivered through decision-driving analytics white-papers and automated data visualizations to influence the development and deployment of cutting edge robotic technology. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Program Managers to define and deliver world class analytics tools and insights to shape the robotic technology landscape.
What We Are Looking For
A jack-of-all-trades data professional with a passion for delivering insightful and influential solutions to challenging and ambiguous problems. A practiced analyst, who uses data engineering, statistics, data visualization, and data science to influence decision making in cross-functional teams. We are seeking an individual who can think holistically through compound problems to understand how systems work together to define and execute projects which drive improvements to robotic architecture or design.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· 3+ years analyzing and interpreting data and experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc.
· Experience in writing complex SQL queries
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Bachelors in quantitative field (Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 3+ years of relevant experience in areas such as data analytics, data science, data modeling, and statistical analysis and modeling
· Working knowledge in scripting with R/Python for statistical analysis
· Knowledge in writing and optimizing SQL to handle extremely large datasets
· Experience using test / control methodology
· Ability to consume and manipulate large data sets and articulate its business impact
· Experienced with data visualization using Tableau or similar BI tools to create end-to-end dashboard solutions and reports which effectively convey results to a wide range of users
· 6+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data scientist, or statistical analysis role
· Familiarity with AWS and big data analytic tools (EMR, AWS Athena)
· Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
· Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
· Knowledge in building advanced visualizations in Tableau
· Demonstrated ability to take end-to-end ownership of projects and drive results
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with business, leadership, and technical teams
· Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
More jobs from our partners (56)
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer, Robotics Advanced Technology on20 July 2021Any