Are you excited by robotics and the latest automation technology? Would you like to be a contributing part of Amazon’s exciting growth? Do you like impacting tomorrow – today? Answer yes to any of these and you should be a part of the Robotics Deployment Engineering Team.
As a Robotics Deployment Program Manager you will be responsible for deploying the most technologically advanced robotics and automation solutions for Amazon. You will mobilize and encourage diverse and talented teams of project managers, engineers, contractors, and expert installers, deploying technology into Amazon buildings in various states of construction and operation. You will leverage business acumen, leadership experience, technical skills, and influence over authority, to promote alignment and deliver results. You will be counted on to manage large scale projects, potentially simultaneously, which require appropriate judgement and flexibility to make well thought out decisions. Your projects are focused in North America that serve Amazon’s Fulfillment Transportation, and Delivery network, but there are opportunities to support projects abroad. You may be asked to lead & manage teams of program managers and deployment engineers as needed to match business needs.
· Establishing objectives needed for both self and team
· Communicate upward with senior leadership on status and escalations
· Solve for standard work gaps, identify lessons learned, and propose continuous improvement with a goal of driving global deployment scalability; requiring frequent business document authoring and cross functional engagement
· Participate in hiring and developing members of the team
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business related field
· 5+ years’ experience leading multiple technical projects simultaneously in robotics engineering or other large scale technical implementations
· Ability to develop detailed project schedules incorporating multiple stakeholder needs
· Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Clarity PPM, etc.
· Flexibility to travel as much as (50-75%) to support deployment projects
· Valid US driver’s license
· · A Project Management Certification (PMP), Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), or an advanced degree in engineering
· · Prior Experience or use of Lean/Six Sigma
· · Skilled in triage. Makes the right tradeoffs between schedule, cost and scope in order to deliver projects on time; compiles project schedule and recommends optimal resource usage.
· · Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize key findings
· · Experience working in environments like manufacturing, warehouses, or construction sites
**Strongly encourage relocation to Amazon Corporate offices in Seattle, Boston, Detroit or Nashville
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (62)
AmazonSenior Technical Program Manager – AMAZON ROBOTICS – Westboro, MA. on23 November 2020Any
AmazonSr Functional Safety Compliance Engineer (Robotics) on24 November 2020Any
AmazonAMAZON ROBOTICS – SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – NORTH READING, MA on21 November 2020Any
AmazonSenior Software Development Engineer – AMAZON ROBOTICS – NORTH READING, MASSACHUSETTS on21 November 2020Any
AmazonSr Technical Program Manager – AMAZON ROBOTICS – Westboro, MA or North Reading, MA. on21 November 2020Any