Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Solutions Design Team is searching for an innovative and solutions oriented engineer to help design our next generation Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs). A successful candidate will have a passion for creating high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, the ability to effectively communicate with and influence decision-makers at all levels and an internal motivation to deliver results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon Robotics culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
The Solutions Design Team is not only responsible for analyzing and optimizing existing Robotic FC performance, but combining those learnings with the latest technologies to design new state of the art robotic material handling systems. The day to day responsibilities include:
• Evaluate and create physical processing and material handling solutions using cutting edge technology, robotics and data analytics to meet the product flow requirements based on Amazon design principles.
• Identify and analyze key operational and financial metrics as part of program and feature selection in order to drive smart decisions.
• Coordinate with systems and operations engineering teams to develop product features and optimize the performance of the FCs.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Develop models as required to solve complex problems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical), Operations Research, or a related field
· Experience using MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD and commercial off the shelf technologies such as Tableau, SQL, etc.
· Experience working with the designs of complex automated material handling equipment and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
· Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve complex engineering problems
· Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.View More
More jobs from our partners (73)
AmazonSenior Manufacturing Supervisor – 1st Shift, Robotics Assembly on31 March 2021Any
AppleSensors SQA Robotics Automation Engineer – Return to Work on21 April 2021Any
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer, Robotics Advanced Technology on2 April 2021Any