Robotics Technician: Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance
Direct hire hourly role with rich benefits package, paid OT eligible, bonus eligible
Shifts available: 2nd shift, 3pm-11:30pm OR 3rd shift, 11pm-7:30am
Overview: Overview: Subaru of Indiana Automotive Inc. was Americas first zero-landfill automotive manufacturing company and is the safest vehicle manufacturer in the country. SIA is a 4.4 million square foot facility with 6400+ associates and is growing. The automotive manufacturing plant houses both production and administration offices. The SIA facility is a fully-integrated automotive OEM, meaning that our manufacturing process begins with sheet metal and ends with a high-quality vehicle all under one roof. Subarus customer base has proven to be highly resilient during economic downturns and, this brand loyalty has led to our plants continuous and aggressive growth since its 1989 inception.
The role: Maintenance Technician, PLC troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical maintenance
SIA is looking for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician with advanced mechanical, electrical, and robot controls (PLC) knowledge related to industrial machinery, excellent troubleshooting skills, and good time-management skills.
Essential Functions:Electro-Mechanical Maintenance, Robotics and Controls Technician
- Perform equipment repairs and installation for: pumps, understanding of fluid dynamics, single and multi-celled servo controlled production equipment, robots, motors, encoders, VFDs, pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders and actuators, parts set jigs, drop lifters, hoists, chain and belt conveyors, overhead doors, dock plates, human doors, fire protection sprinklers, material delivery systems, office furniture, hand tools, minor fabrication (metal, plastics, other), and etc.
- Adhere to safe electrical work practices.
- Understand and apply the following: multi-meters in a troubleshooting capacity, Ohms Law and Watts Law in a troubleshooting capacity, mega-ohmmeter to troubleshoot and diagnose induction motors.
- Understand and use electrical prints and schematics.
- Troubleshooting power and control electrical systems.
PLC, Controls and Robotics
- Complete training and apply knowledge of Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Honeywell PLC, and controllers in the workplace.
- Troubleshoot, edit, and/or light programming: PLCs.
- Use logic flow and diagnose controls and robotics issues on the fly. Be able to make temporary and permanent program edits to countermeasure programming issues.
- Troubleshooting- drives, motors, and control panel.
- Replace/repair tooling, robotic weld guns, automated material handlers.
- Replace cable packages, servo motors and axes. Minor point modification and troubleshooting timing, interlocks, and I/O.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift, some weekends, and during shutdowns.
- Skilled with electrical and mechanical repairs.
- PLC and ladder logic driven, experience troubleshooting automated equipment.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot industrial equipment and perform corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance on manufacturing production equipment.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in Industrial Maintenance.
- Successful completion of skills assessment within the SIA technical training center.
- Maintenance or related degree (may substitute for experience).
- Experience with Safety, Environmental, and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Documented completion of training in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or PLC areas.
- Experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Robotics and/or Automated Manufacturing environment.
More jobs from our partners (4)
AmazonSenior Technical Program Manager – Amazon Alexa AI – Self Learning on25 August 2020Any
Amazon Corporate LLCSenior Technical Program Manager – Amazon Alexa AI – New Initiative on19 August 2020Any
ManpowerAutomation/Robotics Mechanical Assembler-Loveland, CO $20hr on19 August 2020Any
Kutir IncTechnical Program Manager (Warehouse Automation/ Warehouse Robotics) on20 August 2020Full Time