Safety ARM Consultant
Salary: £ negotiable
Location: Aldershot with travel to Bristol
Do you want to be the best? If so come and work for the best
Are you an experienced Safety ARM Consultant or looking to take your next step in to a more senior business focussed role?
Would you love the opportunity to work with one of the most highly respected engineering and project management consultancies in the world?
Would you like to work with a business who are a top employer in the UK, have a genuine focus on its staff, their professional development and offer an excellent work life balance?
Would you like to be an integral part of a team, where your direct input will be pinnacle in shaping and delivering major UK projects?
Our client are leaders in their space and looking to attract a large number of professionals across a broad range of skills, Strategic Leadership and Technical Project delivery at all levels.
Our growing team embraces the definitions of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and belonging in a vibrant workplace. Resilience Engineering helping to make our world safe, secure and sustainable; through Safety Engineering, Asset and Data Analytics whilst solving the Engineering challenges of the future.
Our client is at the leading edge of delivering Resilience Engineering & Sustainable Critical Systems exploiting Asset Management and Data Analytics principles, we require a capable Safety and/or ARM analyst to join our Aldershot team.
Our clients are demanding support in a variety of both traditional and pioneering areas, which we provide holistic services, requiring a diverse range of experience with an understanding of Safety & Asset Management in the broadest sense, whilst increasingly considering Digital Twins, Digital/Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to name a few.
The Safety & Asset Management Capability offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We are seeking Asset Management Engineers/Consultants with an understanding of Safety and/or Asset Management and Data Analytics principles, which considers both organisational and physical systems, ensuring people, equipment or the environment are not exposed to unnecessary harm. Safety & Asset Management involves the use of a diverse range of tools and techniques to identify and assure systems are safe, secure and sustainable.
Our growing team offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We require individuals who have a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess the personal characteristics including:
Confident, a good team worker and trustworthy;
Good inter-personal skills;
Responsibilities for the role are:
* Providing technical analysis of designs and processes to Safety and/or ARM Management related projects and bids;
* Presenting the findings of your work in presentations and written reports;
* Developing and implementing strategies and plans to solve client problems;
* Collaborating with colleagues in related discipline areas such as human factors, or training to build coherent responses to client requirements;
* Working within time, cost and quality expectations.
* A commitment to continuing to develop your professional competence, including working towards Chartership or equivalent;
* Flexible and adaptable in your approach to developing your career;
* A solution focussed approach to your tasks;
* Willingness to multi task and to take responsibility for challenging assignments;
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic;
* A good team worker and trustworthy;
* Good inter-personal skills and a confident communicator;
* Resourceful and able to deal with ambiguity where necessary.
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree level in an engineering, maths or science discipline or equivalent;
* At least 3 years experience working in a safety, ARM or other asset management related role;
* A keen interest in developing your career further in one or more of these areas: safety, ARM or other asset management, cyber security;
* An understanding of Safety and/or ARM Management principles and the processes by which they are delivered, such as Management Systems and Plans;
* Experience of developing safety or other types of management plans and management reports;
* Experience of using safety, reliability or other asset management analysis approaches to identify the effectiveness of system designs and process: e.g. hazard identification, FMEA, FMECA, Fault Trees, Reliability Block Diagrams, data analysis;
* Experience of developing design and/or process assurance arguments;
* Experience of hazard logs, safety case or ARM case development;
* Experience of working directly with clients to assess their requirements and solve their problems;
* Experience of technical leadership or a desire to progress to such a role;
* Excellent report writing skills.
Experience in the following would be desirable, although where relevant to your role on the job training and personal development will be provided:
* Experienced in a consultancy environment;
* Previous experience of the application of applicable industry standards and regulations;
* Development of arguments using Claims, Argument Evidence (CAE) and/or Goal Structuring Notation (GSN) techniques;
* Competence in tools such as Reliability Workbench/Fault Tree+, Assurance and Safety Case Environment (ASCE), eCassandra®, etc