Travel Required: None
Requisition Type: Pipeline
General Dynamics Information Technology has an immediate opportunity for a Data Scientist / Data Analyst with the following duties and responsibilities included (but not limited to):
- Proficiency in BASE SAS, SAS EG, SAS/ACCESS, SAS MACRO PROGRAMMING, SAS STATS, SAS ODS GRAPHICS, SAS Visual Analytics 9.4 (Data preparation, data exploration, report design, report review and graphic design), SAS Studio, SAS BI/Dashboard)
- Coordinate with staff and customers to identify business and technical requirements
- Produce written documentation and artifacts for all work completed, including the translation of user requirements into technical designs.
- Assist the agency in the development of SAS programming, SAS processes, and visualization solutions
- Troubleshoot and provide support on existing projects or application efforts
- Leverage SAS programming for creation of analytical outputs
- Understand the concepts supporting relational databases and data warehousing
- Use various programming languages to perform analysis and data extraction
- 5+ years of experience and skill in SAS coding
- 3+ years of experience working in SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence platform, and using SAS Enterprise BI tools such as Enterprise Guide, Data Integration Studio, Information Map Studio, OLAP Cube Studio, Web Report Studio, BI Dashboard, Visual Analytics, SAS Management Console, Data Management Studio, etc.
- 2+ years of Oracle SQL is highly desirable
- Experience writing SAS program source code, including: Base SAS, SAS Macros, SAS Procedures, Creating SAS reports, SAS/Access, and Integration Technologies
- In-depth knowledge of listed SAS products and the proven ability to create solutions in complex environments, including the use of SAS software to create datasets, visualizations, and interactive reports
- Work as liaison for server/system issues related to SAS
- Strong documentation skills to capture collection of source data, methodology from business rules, and visualization deployment from a myriad of sources and interactions with various stakeholders
- Strong Base SAS and macro programming experience
- Write Base SAS code for data manipulation, sorting, summarizing, and reporting
- Working knowledge of SQL, SAS VA, SAS Graph, and ODS
- Review, analyze, and modify existing products which may entail coding, debugging, testing, and documenting
- Facilitate communication between business owners/end-users, SAS administrators, and IT support staff
- Ensure that quality / security guidelines are followed
- Strong relational database and SQL experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Problem solve and communicate issues to management
- Understand and follow a software development lifecycle (analysis, design, development, coding, testing, debugging, documenting)
- Proficiency leveraging oracle databases
- Able to expand skills to learn text analytics and machine learning
- Knowledge of python or R is desirable
- Bachelors Degree preferred
This program only accepts US citizens and/or Green Card Holders. The security clearance for this program requires the selected candidate to have resided in the US for the past five years. The selected candidate cannot have left the country for longer than 90 consecutive days and no more than 180 cumulative days.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.