We’re building Jarvis (yes, an Artificial Intelligence that assists Iron Man) — smart, instantly familiar, and personal — assistant for every Alexa customer. The Artificial Intelligence team is looking for exceptional Engineers to be part of a world class team changing the way people develop interact with digital personal assistants anytime and anywhere.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have experience in deep neural networks, and will have developed highly available systems (four nines) over the course of their career.
As part of the team you will:
· Green-field opportunity to create the artificial intelligence platform behind Alexa!
· Design and build systems that scale across millions of active users and devices.
· Be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
· Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
· Provide services that are core to all modern Internet businesses.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
· 5+ year experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python and open-source technologies (Apache, Hadoop)
· 5+ year experience with OO design and common design pattern
· 5+ year experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related technical field
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
· Ability to prototype and evaluate applications and interaction methodologies
· Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
· Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU and scientific thinking
· Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
· Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.View More