Our mission is to make machine learning (ML) accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime through education. We believe strongly that a practical knowledge of ML can be taught broadly, and is a key skill for many builders to learn. Come join Amazon’s Machine Learning University and help spread knowledge of ML!
MLU is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer (SDE) that is excited about delivering an educational experience that demystifies machine learning, and empowers builders to deliver those capabilities at scale. As a senior SDE on this team, you’ll work with a team that’s responsible for the entire software development lifecycle for interactive educational web applications and you’ll help define the team’s development workflow to ensure development practices are held to a high standard.
If you are passionate about democratizing AI, thrive in a start-up environment, have fun solving complex technical problems at AWS scale and enjoy extracting maximum performance at every layer of the stack, we would like to talk to you! The team is small and focused today, and will grow over the coming year. You’ll collaborate closely with research scientists, curriculum developers, product managers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product, giving you plenty of opportunity to grow your skills, and play to your strengths.
As a team, diversity, inclusion and equality are important to us. We seek diverse builders from all walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop and maintain systems to deliver educational content to learners.
· Work across teams to drive overall technical strategy and inform product decisions.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables.
· Mentor junior software engineers.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent) or 7+ years of equivalent combined experience
· Hands-on experience in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of AWS Services and building services in AWS
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and concepts
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
More jobs from our partners (1020)
AmazonSystem Development Engineer, Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration on28 September 2020Any