This position is based in Bellevue, Washington.
The Last Mile team helps get packages from delivery stations to a customer’s doorstep.
To provide new innovations for customers, awe are inventing the next-generation smart delivery operation. We are combining cutting-edge mobile and IoT technologies, data streams (video, vehicle telematics, location, and presence), together with machine learning models and algorithms – all to create solutions that allow us to deliver faster, and with more confidence.
Playing a key role in the Last Mile Driver Experience team, as a Sr Applied Scientist you will be responsible for building machine learning models and algorithms in areas including mapping and location, pattern detection in sensor data, and computer vision. Using your research, you will work with your engineering and product management peers to drive designs from ideation through development and into production. You will bring your experience of research for similar products and solutions, preferably in consumer or industrial verticals.
This role requires autonomy and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product. You will need to work efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance, raising the bar to create an amazing experience for our customers.
Shh.. We also do some secret projects like the ones that we launched recently – In garage delivery!
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience in building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
· Ph.D. Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
· 5+ years of industry experience in the areas of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, computer vision, etc
· 3+ years hands-on industry experience in Python, Perl, Scala, Java, or other similar languages
· Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer- Female/Minority/Disability/Vet
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science stakeholders
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
· Significant peer-reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
More jobs from our partners (177)
AppleMachine Learning Engineer – Segmentation and Depth Estimation (TDG) on28 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML- Sr Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Experience on23 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Machine Learning Researcher, Machine Intelligence on23 November 2020Any