Come and build innovative services and applications in compliance and sustainability with AWS.
As an AWS Senior Data Engineer (DE), you will have ownership of an end-to-end development of data engineering solutions to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making with our team of software developers. You’ll help build our compliance integration platform that automate processes to enable scalability for Amazon’s data centers worldwide. You’ll work with data engineers, compliance engineers and other software development engineers to develop innovative solutions at massive scale. Our services and applications manage, measure and automate compliance processes to enable AWS to scale as we open up new data centers in countries worldwide.
To succeed in this role, you believe in high standards for code quality, code reviews, testing, and operations. You believe technical standards are a mechanism for achieving results and are committed to contribute to Amazon’s overall technical architecture and engineering practices.
This role is located in Portland (OR) or Seattle (WA).
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years professional experience in data engineering, business intelligence, data science or related field
· Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, EMR, EML or similar solutions
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience in Python, Java or other similar languages
· Experience with data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Experience with distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Experience with serverless computing, enterprise-wide systems, and AWS products
· Excellent knowledge of Advanced SQL working with large data sets
· Knowledge of Advanced Statistics and implementing ML models
· Experience working successfully with partner teams at remote locations
· Understanding of Agile software engineering practices
· Experience mentoring software engineers
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for his role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
More jobs from our partners (238)
AppleAI/ML- Tools Engineer- Performance, Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform on18 March 2021Any
AppleBig Data Engineering Lead – Wallet & Apple Pay – Austin on10 March 2021Any
AppleApple Media Products – Senior Data Engineer, Analytics on14 April 2021Any
AppleAI/ML – Voice Building Engineer, Siri Text-to-Speech on9 February 2021Any