AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
AbbVie US Commercial Patient Services Organization is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for the Strategic Initiatives & Architecture team to lead the analysis, design, development, testing and delivery of complex data solutions within AWS platform for Consumers (Prospects and Patients) across all US brands to build Consumer 360 database, Identity graph, integrated analytics DataMart, data ingestion pipeline, decisioning models, etc. to enable data-driven omni-channel personalized marketing. This position will be responsible for supporting, planning and coordinating functional and technical activities related to Data infrastructure in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. The individual will work alongside talented Technical Leads, Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to deliver high quality solutions on time. The individual on this position will also work very close to the stakeholders and the external agencies and plays a key role in establishing, executing and supporting business critical system integrations across the Commercial Organization. This position will report to Solutions Architect of US Patient Services.
- Lead the design, development, testing and documentation of complex programs from approved specifications, and subsequent iterations, using the operating model process and best practices.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability & elasticity etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL/NoSQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field.
- 7+ years of development experience in the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS – EMR, Cloudera etc.
- Hands on Experience with at least one of each, relational and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, S3, Redshift/Spectrum, Cassandra, Marklogic, Dynamo DB, Neo4j etc.
- Experience with at least one of the data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, Oozie, Autosys etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services as a platform and as an infrastructure
- Enterprise experience in implementing cloud-based solution stitching custom and managed services, such as VPC, SQS, API Gateway, EC2, Rout53, NAT, Lambda, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Kinesis, S3 etc. other cloud suites.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kinesis etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: R, Python, Scala etc.
- Working experience on any of the reporting tools such as Qlik, ThoughtSpot, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- AWS Certification (Cloud practitioner, Solutions Architect, Developer, SysOps, etc.) is preferred
- Understanding of Statistics and machine learning concepts is preferred
- Experience in Java, JMS, SOAP, REST, JSON, XML technologies and knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripts is required.
- Implementation experience of Devops CICD automations, Docker, Kubernetes is preferred
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to building trust.
- Interest in technology trends and application of technology to improve end user’s experience.
- Proven track record of effective product development leadership and managing risk and priorities.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle and experience with Agile delivery.
- Strong problem-solving skills in a very complex area of high volume of transactions, with integration builds a per each application specific needs in the eco system.
- Broad knowledge of Business Technology Systems, with strong understanding of the relationship between business processes, applications, databases, operating systems, processing platforms, storage platforms, security systems and networks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Commercial domain is preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
More jobs from our partners (598)
SpotlineAWS Devops Admin/ Data Engineer Technical Lead(9+ exp must) on17 August 2020Full Time