Enjoy Big Data, like to work on cutting edge technologies or create new, better, smarter algorithms layered on existing cool tech? Are you smart and eager and want a team that is going places (oh and working with the biggest data geeks in Amazon – Economists & Machine Learning Scientists!)? If yes keep reading! Core AI team works with senior management on key business problems faced in retail, international retail, supply chain, traffic, search, pricing, cloud computing, third party merchants, Kindle and operations. Amazon economists apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, online advertising, search, supply chain network planning and other areas. As a Data Engineer, you will build new business intelligence solutions end-to-end, with opportunities to utilize big data and develop new ways to answer varied questions. You will work with multiple stakeholders within and outside Core AI team to integrate data sources and create data infrastructures that can be used by sophisticated distributed systems and advanced statistical and ML models. A successful candidate will have a passion for innovation, interest in cutting-edge technology, and excitement about working in a high-impact domain.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
· 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
· 2+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc. · Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
· Experience with Redshift, Oracle, etc.
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationView More
More jobs from our partners (1174)
AppleAI/ML – Voice Building Engineer, Siri Text-to-Speech on26 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML- Search Applications Engineer, Information Intelligence on26 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Data Infrastructure Processing Engineer, Siri Search, & Knowledge Platform on25 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – iOS/Build Engineer, Information Intelligence on25 November 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Sr Engineering Program Manager, Siri Product Operations on18 November 2020Any