SemanticBits is looking for a talented Data Engineer who is eager to use distributed processing frameworks to prepare big data for the use of data analysts and data scientists. You will deliver data acquisition, transformations, cleansing, conversion, compression, and loading of data into data and analytics models in a repeatable, testable way.
You will work in close partnership with data scientists, software architects, software developers and business analysts to understand use cases, data needs, and outcome objectives. This includes creating new ETL pipelines and supporting existing ETLs.
Expert in data management, data access (big data, data marts, etc.), programming, and data modeling; and familiar with analytic algorithms and applications (like machine learning). This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals: object-oriented design and programming, data structures, algorithms, databases
- Demonstrable experience engineering scalable data processing pipelines and clusters
- Demonstrable expertise with Python and Spark and wrangling of various data formats – CSV, XML, JSON.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is highly desirable: Postgres, Redshift, Apache NiFi, Airflow, Node.js, Express, AWS EMR, Looker, Mongo
- Experience with Agile methodology, using test-driven development.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Self-driven problem solver
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science strongly preferred and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry with PHI/PII
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
- Generous salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.View More
More jobs from our partners (2575)
AmazonSoftware Development Engineer, Alexa AI — New Initiative on25 September 2020Any
AppleAI/ML – Developer Tools Engineer, Siri Authoring Tools on25 September 2020Any
AppleManager – Big Data Engineering – Wallet & Apple Pay on24 September 2020Any
AmazonSr. Software Development Engineer – Big Data, Amazon Athena on14 September 2020Any
Expedia GroupSoftware Development Engineer II – Machine Learning on24 September 2020Full Time
AppleISE, Proactive -Chinese Machine Learning Software Engineer on24 September 2020Any